Blalack Middle School PTA
Copyright © Blalack Middle School PTA
Why should I join Blalack's PTA?
What's in it for me?... How can it help my family?...
Does it really make a difference?
PTA: Everyone Benefits
- Research shows that students do better in school when their parents are involved - higher grades, improved behavior, increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Schools improve when caring parents are actively involved.
- Student members can sit on the Board, become familiar with procedures of an organization, and learn leadership skills.
What PTA provides for Blalack students & families:
- Arts in Education/Reflections contest (local/state/national)
- Student Socials & a Yearbook Signing party
- Red Ribbon Week "Drug Free" and Anti-Bullying programs
- School supplies, spirit wear and gym clothes for purchase
- College scholarships to Blalack alums
- Volunteer opportunities
PTA Member Discounts:
- La Quinta
- Nationwide Insurance and Entreprise Rent-A-Car
- Great Wolf Lodge, Schlitterbahn, Fiesta Texas & SeaWorld
- Dell computers
8 reasons to join PTA:
- Be in the know -- PTA helps you keep up with what's happening at Blalack and in C-FB ISD; and, you'll find out what you can do to make a difference for your student and to make Blalack an even better school.
- Access great resources -- When you're part of PTA, you have access to resources on topics ranging from childhood obesity to bullying to talking to your child about drugs and alcohol... to help you as you navigate the parenting process.
- Make connections -- When you attend PTA meetings and events, you'll connect with families outside of your student's classroom. Wonder about middle school or high school? Other PTA families can share experiences.
- Hone your skills -- When you volunteer, you can build existing skills - or learn new ones!
- Speak Up -- PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas. Your membership can be a way for you to suggest changes at Blalack and make them happen. Through PTA, you can be a more effective advocate for your child and all Blalack students.
- Be a part of the solution -- PTA has been a driving force in establishing after-school programs, community safety initiatives, TV and internet rating standards and more. You can play a part in improving the world for your child.
- Be a role model for your child -- When you become involved in PTA, not only will you help your child and all children receive a better education, but you will also show your child how much you value education. In addition, you will teach your children about giving back to the community.
- It's fun!
To join PTA, contact our Membership Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org click the button below.